Shop Now

Monday, August 24, 2009

August 2009

Another month is almost over and I don't know where the time has gone. During the first weekend of August my mom and I were in Florida. We went to Disney World and Epcot Center. I had a lot of fun at Epcot. Who knew there was so much to see there? I thought Disney World was smaller than Disneyland in California and they didn't have a bunch of rides I was hoping to go on.



The day after I got home, we started moving. It is so nice to finally have a yard and a garage after being stuck in an apartment for so long. Everything was really easy and we were unpacked in a few days. We had a lot of help.

Comcast came to set up our cable/internet/phone the first weekend we were in the house. I had the worst experience! I don't know about anyone else, but I thought this was a totally unacceptable way to set up someone's internet. It felt like a bachelor house.



I had to set up my computer on the kitchen table because they said there were no other internet outlets in the house. I was on the phone with Comcast (practically yelling at them) and they finally agreed to come back the next day. Of course they sent the same guy that initially set everything up and he fixed it so that no wires are showing anymore. Why couldn't he have done that the first time around?

This past weekend we took Madison to a birthday party for her friend DJ.



Fed the ducks.



And went to a family reunion.



2 comments:

  1. I love Florida. We took our daughter to Disney and Epcot was my favorite park.

    Sorry about the ugly exposed wire. If you need more help on this, let me know. I work for Comcast. I also wanted to share your experience with my contacts. Do you mind proving me the phone number linked to your account?

    By the way, congratulations on your new house!

    Regards,

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comcast did almost the same thing too. Mark and I had to be really creative with the cables. It finally looks okay. I'm jealous about Disney World! I love anything Florida or Disney!!!!! I hope you and your mom had a blast!

    ReplyDelete