Shop Now

Friday, April 3, 2009

Polite Robbers?

Yesterday morning my mom called and told me she'd been robbed. It's a good thing it didn't happen on Wednesday or I might have hung up on her thinking it was an April fools joke. She left for work at 8:00 in the morning and at 9:30 her neighbor called and told her that the door had been busted. It was so creepy hearing that. Even though I have not lived there in more than 12 years, it still felt like someone broke into my house.

My mom called me, really upset about all the stuff that was missing, and the more we talked about it, the more we realized how "polite" this person was. He (yes, I'm going to assume this robber was a man) apparently went directly to the back bedroom without destroying or breaking anything else in the house. He completely ransacked everything in the bedroom but didn't ruin anything, it was just a mess.

Unfortunately, he took some really random stuff that will be hard/a pain in the butt to replace. Passport, birth certificate, house papers, etc. The only big item that was stolen was the computer.

It's so creepy thinking about strangers in your house. Has this happened to anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment